Tring Market Auctions has now been independent for over 20 years under the directorship of Stephen Hearn.
Stephen Hearn was previously part of Brown & Merry, a company formed in 1832 by William Brown. When the company started it occupied part of the old cattle market utilising the buildings when available for auctions.
It now has an extensive purpose built auction house forming probably one of the largest and best-known auction venues of its type in the Home Counties. It is conveniently located on the edge of the Chiltern Hills 30 miles from London and Oxford.
Our sales attract a very wide range of buyers from across Great Britain and Internationally. Many buyers represent the trade and other specialist collectors. With the improvement in transportation, there are now regular buyers from the Continent and beyond.
The salerooms permanent staff and consultants are able to deal with all periods of furnishings and collectibles.
Our experienced auctioneers help provide a friendly and entertaining atmosphere on sale days making it an enjoyable venue for both business and pleasure.